We need to use your personal data to make your experience better. To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we need to ask for your consent before using your personal data.
Coffret Whisky Compass Box 3 x 5 cl
Click & Collect
Available in a gift box of 3 x 5Cl mignonettes.
Malt Whisky Collection is Compass Box's core range. These whiskies represent distinctive Scottish styles, each with its own character and history. For the launch of The Story of The Spaniard, the latest addition to the range, Compass Box decided to create a discovery pack of their universe. The pack contains The Peat Monster, Spice Tree & The Story of The Spaniard. The winning triptych revolves around three profiles: peaty, sherried and malty-spicy.
THE STORY OF THE SPANIARD - 43,00 %
It was during a trip with a friend to southern Spain that John Glaser fell under the spell of sherry wines. A few years later, he discovered the world of whisky and the influence of casks on aging. So, naturally, John created a whisky with strong Andalusian influences. The Story of The Spaniard is a 48% blend of whiskies aged in ex-sherry casks. A brilliant addition to Compass Box's permanent range, The Malt Whisky Collection.
- Color: Amber with copper highlights.
- Nose: Intense, fruity. Bourbon vanilla, lemon zest, bitter oranges, nutmeg.
- Palate: Gourmet, spicy. Candied cherries, cinnamon, pepper, dried fruit.
- Finish: Long. Currants, panna cotta, nuts. Profile: Rich, spicy.
SPICE TREE - 46,00 %,
First launched in 2005, Spice Tree returned to the scene in September 2009 after an absence of over three years. While the selected malts come mainly from the Northern Highlands and are around 10 years old, Spice Tree derives its spicy character from a unique ageing method and a perfect mastery of wood toasting. First matured in first and second-fill American oak casks, Spice Tree is aged a second time in casks fitted with highly toasted heads, built from hundred-year-old French oak from the Vosges mountains.
- Nose: Rich and deep. Notes of cereals and ripe fruit (apple, pear). A succession of spices (cinnamon, nutmeg), dried fruits (almond, apricot) and candied citrus fruits (grapefruit, lemon) coated with precious woods and beeswax.
- Palate: Balanced, enveloping. Its fruity sweetness (mirabelle plum, plum) is perceptible. The relative dryness of the nose is forgotten; at most, the bitterness of malted barley shows its face. In any case, apart from the touch of green it brings, it has no influence. Vanilla and some exotic fruits (pineapple, mango, guava) accentuate its creamy character.
- Finish: Long, firm. The spices (cloves no less) are completely fused with fine notes of oak, vanilla and fresh walnuts. From candied, the citrus has become much fresher and juicier. It is punctuated by diaphanous floral (lime blossom) and herbaceous (mint) notes. Profile: Spicy, greedy.
THE PEAT MONSTER - 46,00 %
From 2019, The Peat Monster returns to its roots with a new label: fans will recognize the colorful 10th anniversary design. It's also a new, simpler recipe to get to the heart of the matter. Made from two Islay single malts and one Highland blended malt, this version of Peat Monster is for those seeking the perfect balance between intense peat, minty freshness and aromatic richness.
- Color: Pale gold.
- Nose: Lively, smoky. Lemon zest, pepper, green apple, bold peat.
- Palate: Saline and medicinal. Peat, licorice, vanilla cream.
- Finish: Long and spicy. Baked pear, cold ashes. Profile: Fruity, peaty.
A box of 3 x 5 cl Scotch whisky mignonettes
Spicy-malted whisky: SPICE TREE - 46% Scotch whisky
Peated whisky: THE PEAT MONSTER - 46
Whisky aged in sherry casks: THE STORY OF THE SPANIARD - 43%.